Mastering SEO is a must if you want any online business. It’s all about getting ranked by the search engines and being found by your customers. And, it’s actually fun.
SEO (search engine optimisation) is the method used to improve visibility of a website in search engines via the ‘organic’ natural way. (There is a target paid listing but it’s expensive and the ‘big boys’ usually have the monopoly.)
There are volumes of books on the subject and, of course, specialised consultancy firms who carry out SEO projects as part of a marketing campaign.
There is no clearly defined formula that will guarantee success but there are ways to ensure that your website will be easier for search engines to crawl, index and understand your content; and, of course, be found by visitors searching for what you have to offer.
Easy SEO You Can Do:-
- Create a unique, accurate title for each page on your site. Choose a title that effectively communicates the topic of the page’s content.
- Use description meta tags to provide both search engines and users with a summary of what each page is about.
- Choose a URL (uniform resource locator) that will be easy for users and search engines to understand. Basically, this specifies where a known resource is available and the mechanism for retrieving it.
- Make your site easy to navigate. Focus on simplicity and ease of use.
- Create an XML Sitemap file for your site. This will ensure that search engines discover all the pages on your site.
- Offer unique exclusive content and services to your site to create interest. Use social media to build your reputation and your site will increase traffic naturally. Obviously, the more popular your site is the higher it is ranked.
- Optimise your images. Give each image on your site a name by using the “alt” attribute. Search engines ignore images so it’s important to name each one, especially if they contain keywords. Also if, for some reason, a browser does not support images then the contents of the “alt” attribute will provide information about the images.
- Promote your website through social media: Facebook, Twitter, Blogs. By doing this you’re creating links to your website and letting people know you exist. As your traffic increases so will your ranking.
There’s no magic wand with SEO and search engines change their criteria for indexing sites regularly so don’t beat yourself up trying to find a way to the top spot. Instead concentrate on making your site fresh and appealing to give visitors a reason to use your site regularly and the more your site becomes popular the higher it will climb up the ranks.
SEO Tool for the Job
If you have a WordPress website then SEOPressor V5 has just been released giving you the latest SEO tool on the market. It is used in over 100,000 websites all over the world for on-page optimisation. Simply put, it analyses your website, highlights keywords and makes recommendations on what to do to rank up the search engines to the top spots. Of course it does loads more, too much to tell you here but check out my review or watch this video to get an overview.
SEO SEO SEO SEO SEO SEO SEO SEO SEO SEO SEO SEO