Learning the fine art of SEO Marketing is a necessity if you want to succeed as an online entrepreneur. Try out these top tips to attract visitors to your website.
SEO Marketing, I’ve touched on this when creating your website so you should know it’s all about Search Engine Optimisation, a highly complicated science involving optimising your Website with keywords so search engines like Google and Yahoo list your website higher on the page than your competitors.
There’s no magic wand with SEO marketing and search engines change their criteria for indexing sites regularly so don’t beat yourself up trying to find a way to the top spot. Instead concentrate on making your site appealing and give buyers a reason to come to you.
- Fill your site with fresh, original content related to your niche market. The best way to include lots of keywords is to write tips and hints pages, how to pages, top ten list, that will serve as a purpose for visitors to use your site regularly and the more your site becomes popular the higher it will climb up the ranks.
- Invite other sites to link to you and vice versa. This is one of the best ways to improve your ranking because if you get trusted quality sites linking to you, the likes of Google think you have something of value to offer and up the ranks you go. Beware of link trading and link networks as you lose control over who links to you and if those sites don’t have a good reputation then they’ll take you down with them.
- Create a concise description of your site using as many keywords as possible. Include this in your ‘meta description tag’ (usually appears towards the top of the HTML coding) and use the ‘meta keywords tag’ to enter your most important keywords. These tags are used to give search engines information about your site but are not visible on the site’s pages. However the information given in the description tag will usually appear as a snippet in the search engine results.
- Use keywords in the Title of your Web Page. Have you ever noticed when you click on a site the browser at the top will have the name of the business plus a row of keywords/phrases that are important to that particular page. They’re the first thing search engines look at and will flag the page as relevant to that keyword/phrase.
- Headline each page on your site. Have a look at the HTML coding on your site. Make sure each Headline has an HTML heading tag (<H1> to <H6>) to make it easy for search engines to recognise.
In SEO marketing, even if you do all the above, there’s no guarantee that you’ll get the top spot. However, it does no harm and, at the end of the day, everybody else is doing it so give yourself a chance and jump on the bandwagon.